TCP_StreamDeckConnector Problem

Home Forums V-Control General TCP_StreamDeckConnector Problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dierk 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lemmi
    Participant

I tried to setup the TCP_StreamDeckConnector, as described in the manual, and failed at the first moment.
    Then I tried the windows command line, to run my task “PPT1”:

TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe ->run->PPT1

and failed again. However the V-Control Remote Server works fine, I could control it with a python script.

Then I checked the TCP communication with wireshark, and found out, that TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe opens
    a TCP connection with V-Control and closes it immediately after that. No command was transmitted.

Finally I discovered a File PPT1 in the TCP_StreamDeckConnector program directory (size 0 bytes). Now I tried
    TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe "->run->PPT1" on the command line, and got an Error Message in V-Control

Cmd PPT1" / Data Task not found

TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe "->run->PPT1

Is the solution for the problem. You need to type a leading " before the command string, but no trailing " after it.
    Don’t know why, but it works fine for me.

Dierk
    Participant

Interesting, unfortunately I have no time to verify this right now. I am a little bit confused about the command line. Do you have the full path there? I am missing something such as “C:\” or whatever the drive is you are using.

Lemmi
    Participant

The command line (Windows Command Prompt) is

C:\Users\Authorized user\TCP_StreamDeckConnector>TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe "->run->PPT2

however in the Stream Deck application i have to use the following line:

"C:\Users\Authorized user\TCP_StreamDeckConnector>TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe" ->run->PPT2

As you can see, the command path is surrounded by quotation marks, and the command parameters
    are following the trailing quotation mark "

Dierk
    Participant

Hi Lemmi,

“C:\Users\Authorized user\TCP_StreamDeckConnector>TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe” ->run->PPT2

See the bold character? that should not be there

Dierk
    Participant

I mean the > character before TCP_StreamDeckConnector.exe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.