[Solved] Stop all

Home Forums V-Control General [Solved] Stop all

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fmiser
    Participant

I will be playing audio files using a shell command. This will _start_ playing fine. And I can use another shell command to stop the file playing if I need to interrupt it before it is at the end.
    What I am not finding is a way to trigger this “Halt”.

If i put the task into a playlist, I can set a keyboard press to trigger it – but that causes the focus to jump from where I was in the playlist to where the “halt” task is.

I looked at keyboard events. Except if I activate those, I can’t use the keyboard for anything else.

The best I found is to create a button on the CallButton screen – but this means I have three windows open and have to switch around between them. I’d rather not have to do that.

I think my dream would be a keyboard press that could trigger a task independent of the playlist. Another possibility would be callbutton like buttons on the top of the playlist window.

Have I missed a feature that will do this sort of thing? Or is it not there?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Dierk Walter.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Dierk Walter.
    Dierk
    Participant

The keyboard events are not designed for operating a show.

Unfortunately not. But I can offer two workarounds.

1. You operate your show with the playlist as you do now. Move the playlist window so that you see both, the playlist and the V-Control main window. In the V-Control main window you select the task that stops your audio file. Now go back to playlist and operate your show. If you want to stop the audio click on the “Run” button in the V-Control window – your audio should stop. Now select the playlist again to bring back the focus.
    This is not the very best solution but better as what you do now (in my opinion)

2. You can attach physical push buttons to V-Control. You can do that with any micro-controller. We have examples for Arduino on the V-Control homepage.
    Example:
    You can use an interface such as V-IO ( http://v-control.com/projects/v-io-universal-interface/ ), or a naked Arduino Uno board. V-IO, Arduino and the Arduino IDE are open source, so you can make your own V-IO or buy one. You can download V-IO schematics and PCB layouts, as well as firmware to call cuelist in V-Control here: v-control.com/download/228
    In my opinion this is the most convenient way to solve your problem. If you have a small budget its enough to by an Arduino (approx 30 USD) and a push button.

Currently I’m developing a small box with 8 push buttons that is ready to use.

Fmiser
    Participant

Quote from: Dierk
    Quote from: fmiser

Unfortunately not. But I can offer two workarounds.

1. In the V-Control main window you select the task that stops your audio file. Now go back to playlist and operate your show. If you want to stop the audio click on the “Run” button in the V-Control window.
    That will work – until I start editing the show. I mostly expect to use the “halt” task during rehearsals – which is also when I expect I’ll be doing editing while also running the show. But I’ll try it. So far I’m still just building and playing – no real show yet.

2. You can attach physical push buttons to V-Control. You can do that with any micro-controller. We have examples for Arduino on the V-Control homepage

In my opinion this is the most convenient way to solve your problem.
    Hmm. I do like that. I’ll look into that more – but maybe I should wait until I have actually used suggestion #1. Thanks for the suggestions!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Dierk.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Dierk Walter.
    Dierk
    Participant

Another solution might be this:

You drag your “StopAudio” task multiple times in the playlist. After Each “PlaySoundfile” task you then have the “StopAudio” task in the list. Of course you have to pay attention to skip the “StopAudio” task if you don’t want to run it. But this is only a hit on the cursor down key.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top