[Solved] SendKeys, LaunchApp and KillApp on a mac?

Home Forums V-Control General [Solved] SendKeys, LaunchApp and KillApp on a mac?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jdetlof
    Participant

Hi!
    Excellent software, just what I was looking for. Before I buy licences, I successfully tested V-controlRPC, controlling a Win PC, but when trying on a mac, nothing happens, although the UDP packet is delivered to the RPC. Do I need to configure anything on the mac to allow RPC to control it?

Kind regards, Jonas

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Dierk Walter.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Dierk Walter.
    Dierk
    Participant

What OSX version is running on your Mac? The LaunchApp command should run on any version, Sendkey and Mouse commands only older ones.

jdetlof
    Participant

I am running 10.10.2. I was trying to launch Keynote with “LaunchApp /Applications/Keynote.app” and that didnĀ“t work. Turned out I needed to use “LaunchApp /Applications/Keynote.app/Contents/MacOS/Keynote”.

Is it possible to pass arguments, to open a specific file?

Is there a workaround for the SendKeys? Like an Apple script or an Apple event?

jdetlof
    Participant

Oh, and also, is there a way to use KillApp. I basically need to open a presentation, step forwards and backwards, jump to a specific slide and close the presentation.

Dierk
    Participant

I think the best work around for you is to write AppleScripts that perform what you want. You can call those scripts via V-ControlRemotePC then. An example is here
    https://v-control.com/forums/topic/use-v-controlremotepc-to-shutdown-a-mac/

jdetlof
    Participant

That is what I did. Works nicely. Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top