Problems using TCP on RasPi

Home Forums V-Control General Problems using TCP on RasPi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jens Plappert
    Participant

Hey Dierk,

i am trying to receive some Data via Generic Driver TCP on RasPi.
    Set the TCP-Services on, configured an Generic Device on that same Port, Connected to it from my Streamdeck/companion machine (which says link is ok), but everything i get in vcontrol is “NameResolutionError” in Channel Status.
    Also tried to set the Port to the Companion Input port, in case the problem would be that vcontrol doesn’t see the counterpart, but no difference at all.
    Tried everything in the way we did in our workshop, but i don’t get anything. If i open netcat -l -p on that port the receivement succeeds, so it think theres no problem on the basic network site.

Is that any known issue? What can i try?

Kind regards
    Jens

Jens Plappert
    Participant

Now i tried connecting to an Aten0404ha HDMI Switcher via an exsys6032 device server.
    I created a new device, assigned a new Channel to the IP and Port of the Com1, start run and only want to test the SendText routine manually.
    The CH_Status just keeps empty and no matter what i send, theres no function. Testing the same using Hercules from my Win machine works, so protocol and settings seem to be ok. Format of Line-End is checked and ok.

What can it be?

Regards
    Jens

Jens Plappert
    Participant

Same behaviour starting vcontrol via sudo on the receive/cmopanion site, but now the communication with the 6032 is working. So i think there ain’t a problem in general with TCP, but i dont get the receive from Companion (which wants to speak to vcontrol as a server)

Dierk
    Participant

Hi Jens,

I am not sure if I understand “Set the TCP-Services on”
    Do you mean Remote services?
    In general, in a Linux system, all applications using a TCP port equal or lower 1024 need to run with root privileges. This is standard Linux behavior. If possible you should always use ports above 1024.

“Now i tried connecting to an Aten0404ha HDMI Switcher via an exsys6032 device server.
    I created a new device, assigned a new Channel to the IP and Port of the Com1,”

There is no “Com1” on a Linux system. Usually RS232 Ports are at /dev/tty0 or /dev/ttyUSB or similar, depending on your RS232 interface. In cas of the exsys6032 there is no comport at all. There is a virtual device driver for windows. With this driver you can use it in the same way as a local RS232 Port. But for all other operating systems you have to open a TCP conection and use it as a Telnet client.

Because EXSYS does not support Linux, you have to use the windows tools to configure the device (IP Address, Port, RS232 settings), and then connect from V-Control via TCP.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Dierk.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top