Device number

Home Forums V-Control General Device number

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fmiser
    Participant

As I’m developing the V-Control device for this Roland mixer, I have found an irritation.

After I make a change to the device command, I “update command” and “compile”. But for that change to be used, it seems I have to delete the existing device and add it in again. This means I also have to set a channel for it – but it also changes the number assigned after the name. “M200_08” is gone and now I have device “M200_09”. This means all my existing tasks don’t work as they refer to the device “M200_08”. So I have to delete all the tasks and add them in again.

This is irritating right now – but once I start building a real show, I don’t want to have to re-enter 200 plus tasks just because I fixed a bug in my M200 device.

Is there a way around this? Can I force the “_xx” number when I add a device? Is there a way to reload the device from the database without causing the “_xx” number to sequence?

Thanks for the help!

Dierk
    Participant

There are two ways to open the Device Editor.

1. Configure -> Edit Device…
    This let you edit / change the devices in your current project

2. Configure->Edit Device Template
    This lets you edit the devices in the device template database.

If you are developing a driver you should use the first method. In this case it is not necessary to re-import the driver. If you are finished, then you can export the driver and import it to the template database. This makes the driver available for further projects.

Fmiser
    Participant

Quote from: Dierk on December 30, 2014, 11:29:28 AM
    There are two ways to open the Device Editor.

1. Configure -> Edit Device…
    This let you edit / change the devices in your current project

Ah! Got it. That was easy. 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top