Creating a task from an event response

Home Forums V-Control General Creating a task from an event response

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jlink
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I wondered if there’s a possibility to create a task with some commands from the response of a device.
    I would like to request the patches state of a Lightware matrix and create a task from the response i.e. to create a preset of the current state.

Thanks for your hints,
    Jonas

Dierk
    Participant

You can set a Global var within an device event, and then call a task that reads this global var and perform an action depending on the content of that var. his can be done in scripts

jlink
    Participant

Thanks, Dierk!
    But is it possible to create a new Cuelist Task from a Script Task? How would the function be like.
    All the best!

jlink
    Participant

(Antother option would probably be to save the content of the global var with the project file)

Dierk
    Participant

It is not possible to create a task from a script. Global variables are saved as far as I remember. But I’m out of office and can’t check this.

At the moment I can’t see any reason why you would create a task from an event, can you describe your use case in more detail?

jlink
    Participant

As I mentioned in my first post, I want to request the current patch-state of a video matrix to recreate it to a later point. The matrix has only 32 presets and I want to extend this. Of course I could also create the preset as a task manually but with 64 ins and outs this is a lot of work that I would like to avoid.

Dierk
    Participant

One solution could be to put the status in a global variables with coma separate values (maybe one var for ins and one var for outs)

If you have 100 vars the you can use a script that read a variable, fetch the ins and outs and push it to the matrix
    So you have 100 presets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.