Classroom AV Control Solution

Home Forums V-Control Show Case Classroom AV Control Solution

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeremys
    Participant

Problem: Create a standard interface for 80+ classrooms with various manufactures of presentation hardware on a very limited budget

Solution: V-Control

I work for a 2 year Technical and Community College and for years we have looked for ways to make our 80+ classrooms easier for our educators to use. Our biggest hurdle has been the cost of the commercial solutions made this difficult.  Then I discovered the V-Control and now we have an affordable solution to standardize our classrooms.  Our classrooms have been built over the last 20 years and have a wide variety of hardware from multiple manufactures making each room a different challenge for our educations.

Hardware List:

[*]Raspberry Pi 3 Model B[/*][*]7″ Touch Screen from Pi Foundation[/*][*]Case for RPi and 7″ Touch Screen[/*][*]4 Port USB to Serial Adapter from TechToo[/*][*]2 Port Serial Relay Controller from Noyito[/*][*]3 Port IR Transmitter from Global Cache (Optional)[/*]

Software:

[*]V-Control 4.1.5[/*][*]Custom Interface written in Python using Tkinter[/*]

I’ve been able to create a very simple user interface that will standardize how the educators will control the A/V equipment in our classrooms and as the hardware changes I will make the necessary changes to V-Control and they don’t have to care what equipment is in the room.

I’ve opted for a very simple UI that I can add functionality as needed:

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20191122114411

Here is everything connected in my test environment:

IMG_7114

Just wanted to share with the community one example of how great V-Control and Dierk are!

Attachments:
    Dierk
    Participant

Nice project, thank you very much for sharing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.