Barco E2 Events

Home Forums V-Control General Barco E2 Events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tom
    Participant

Hi

I’d like to know if it is possible to get events from Barco e2 – eg know that “preset 1” has been recalled and then do something.

any pointers would be much appreciated..

cheers
    tom

Dierk
    Participant

V-Control can handle events. If the E2 send a Message if a Preset is selected, then it is possible to modify the driver to fire an Event that is handled by a Task.
    The E2 driver was developed by Jonas Stade, maybe he has more information for you.

JonasStade
    Participant

So I would like to know the device, which gives you events by itselfe.

So for example, when I call a preset with vcontrol, I can get a response, that it was executed. But if I press the Button in Vcontrol for recalling a preset, vcontrol already knows that something would Happen, so I can execute a Movie Play-back on preset 7 or something like this. So I think you might have choosen the wrong way to do something, because I recall presets only with VControl and do other stuft with the EC200 or so.

If you want to do some State request for tally or the Last preset recalled, you have to send a request and do a manual ACK in the Driver to get your values, but I don’t want to do something like that, because you have to request the unit every second….

tom
    Participant

Hi Jonas

I’m wanting to trigger presets via the EC200 but then have v-control pick up the preset load and trigger actions on other devices. (Eg recall preset 10 via EC200 and have it trigger a clip playback on hyperdeck)

It should be possible to do this via the REST API. Subscribing the v-control IP would result in the relevant events getting forwarded to V-Control regardless of which control device triggered the e2.

I hope this makes sense? Do you have any idea how it might be possible to program this??

Thanks
    Tom

JonasStade
    Participant

What you mean with REST API? There is only a JSPN API if I am informed correctly.But for JSON you have to send a request I think so.
    If you get it working, that the Vcontrol IP gets all the Data from the E2 you can fetch this Data on the Event Port of Vcontrol.

tom
    Participant

the latest e2 manual has considerably improved documentation of the JSON API – it seems that you can “subscribe” to events such as preset recall and then you will be notified every time a preset is recalled on the e2. It would be great if someone with better knowledge of JSON and V-Control could look at implementing this functionality so that preset changes made on an EC200 can be tracked on a computer running V-Control.

Subscription and Un-Subscription
    When a subscription is done from a JSON-based application, a notification is sent to the ip port where the application is running
    when there is change for which the user has subscribed.
    Actual notification is sent asynchronously as an HTTP Post, with the following structure: {result: {method: “notification”,notificationType:
    “ScreenDestChanged”,change: { add: [2], remove: [], update: [0, 1,
    2] }}}.
    The change field contains the XmlId(s) of the screens that were added/removed or updated.

http://barco.com/services/website/en/TdeFiles/Download?FileNumber=R5905948&TdeType=1&Revision=05&ShowDownloadPage=True – Page 511 onwards.

JonasStade
    Participant

I think JSON would be a nice to have feature. But the question is if vcontrol is the right software for this, because listen to an event channel could cause in a vcontrol Crash.

I have tried to read out the incoming xml channel from the e2, because a college have done this with widget Designer. The result is, that if you recall a preset for example, you could filter the xml and would get the data, BUT for a preset recall the e2 sends ~4 Sheets of plain text to the Port. So v-control freezes/crashes instantlY after executing the preset recall… it couldn‘t handle this much Text in a Short Time on the incomming Port…

I would recommend to expand the incomming buffer a lot!

Dierk
    Participant

I think with V-Control 4.0 this will be possible. In 4.0 we will have a complete new event system and Device Variables that can trigger tasks.
    I hope to be ready with this at the end of November.

JonasStade
    Participant

Wow Dierk that would be fast. You should add Patreon and Donation to the Website!

When you Need Beta Testers, you know my Mail address 🙂 i am realy excited to test the new Version!

Dierk
    Participant

2/3 of the new version is already finished. Of course you are invited as beta tester. But 4.0 will work very different in many cases. So After the last 1/3 of the work is done I have to update the doku. Otherwise testing is very difficult.

If 4.0 is finished I need to update the GUI. 4.0 projects will not be compatibe with the old V-Control version. Also many device drivers will need an update.

JonasStade
    Participant

If it is just a syntax modification in the drivers I will rewrite them, bit by bit, if I have time onsite.
    If you Update the GUI it would be nice if we can talk before, so we can add some, in my opinion, neccesary features. I would pay for an update of our 4 license, and would buy some more, so you should offer old GUI users an Update Plan 😉
    I am realy exited how the update will be!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top