Reply To: [Solved] Stop all

Home Forums V-Control General [Solved] Stop all Reply To: [Solved] Stop all

Dierk
Participant

The keyboard events are not designed for operating a show.

Have I missed a feature that will do this sort of thing? Or is it not there?

Unfortunately not. But I can offer two workarounds.

1. You operate your show with the playlist as you do now. Move the playlist window so that you see both, the playlist and the V-Control main window. In the V-Control main window you select the task that stops your audio file. Now go back to playlist and operate your show. If you want to stop the audio click on the “Run” button in the V-Control window – your audio should stop. Now select the playlist again to bring back the focus.
This is not the very best solution but better as what you do now (in my opinion)

2. You can attach physical push buttons to V-Control. You can do that with any micro-controller. We have examples for Arduino on the V-Control homepage.
Example:
You can use an interface such as V-IO ( http://v-control.com/projects/v-io-universal-interface/ ), or a naked Arduino Uno board. V-IO, Arduino and the Arduino IDE are open source, so you can make your own V-IO or buy one. You can download V-IO schematics and PCB layouts, as well as firmware to call cuelist in V-Control here: v-control.com/download/228
In my opinion this is the most convenient way to solve your problem. If you have a small budget its enough to by an Arduino (approx 30 USD) and a push button.

Currently I’m developing a small box with 8 push buttons that is ready to use.

Scroll to top